Blacklisting is a way to restrict access to specific employee files beyond the Access Control permissions allowed by the use of User Roles and Branches Access.
Blacklisting can allow managers a wide range of access while still allowing them to be blocked from seeing certain employee's that may normally be accessible via their current Role and Branch access.
For example, if a User has access to the 'Marketing' Branch and has access through his Role to create Employment Contracts but you'd like to prevent the user from being able to create an Employment Contract for a certain employee in the Marketing branch, then you can block them from doing so by Blacklisting the Employee's ID number. Their access remains the same for the User except for the selected blacklisted Employee.
This feature allows for more control over your user's access and permissions.
What does this functionality do?
This functionality allows you to tag specific employee records that an HRA Cloud user shouldn't be able to see.
You would prevent this user from accessing specific records by entering the relevant employee IDs in the field highlighted below (using a comma to separate multiple employee files).
Why would you use this?
Imagine you have two managers with access to the all records within a branch they share access to.
Suppose that both their employee records are stored in this branch, as they have access to the branch, they will also have access to each others record.
These two managers may not be allowed to see each others record.
This is when you could use the 'Blacklist' functionality
Where do i find this functionality?
1. Click on Settings (1) and then select Usernames and Passwords (2) from the drop-down menu
2. Click on the user you would like to manage blacklist settings for:
3. Click on Access Control (1) and then Blacklist (2). Click Edit (3) to edit the settings.
4. In the field Blacklist of Employee IDs:, please enter the employee IDs which this user should not be able to see. If you need to restrict multiple files, please separate each ID by using a comma.
5. Once your list is complete, click Update to lock in the changes.
6. As long as the employee IDs are correct, the system should be able to match the employee files and list the records the user should not be able to see.
Please be aware: for the Blacklist function to work, your employee IDs must already be set up and correct. The system relies heavily on the ID field to identify records and without this field, this function will not work.
Furthermore, this function requires manual administration in order to maintain the it's functionality. Should you change an employee's ID in HRA Cloud, the employee will immediately disappear from the user's blacklist. Also, when using employee IDs, please ensure that the ID number is unique. Should two records have the same ID number, you will run the risk of having both records listed on the blacklist where that is not desired.
Finally, we presently do not have the functionality for the system to automatically update the blacklist. Should a user's Blacklist settings require change, it will always need to be done manually. If a user's Blacklist requires a change, please remember to use the same instructions above to update them.