While we do have a Self Service Messaging feature which allows you to broadcast messages and attach existing documents to your eSS Users through employee Self Service, this feature does not allow you the granular control to send messages to individual users.
To work around this, we have another feature called Assign an eSS Task. Using this feature, you can assign a task for an individual user or a group of users to action. This task could range from things like reading a message, acknowledging receipt or sending an email to receiving and acknowledging documentation.
There are two ways you can send a task/message to an eSS user:
- Assign an eSS Task via a Note
- Assign an eSS Task via the Document Information
1. Assign an eSS Task via a Note
1. Once you're logged in, bring up a record (1) (Employees OR Candidates OR Volunteers OR Contractors) tab and then click on the applicable record (2):
2. In the Notes tab, click Add Notes. This will bring up the notes section.
3. At the bottom of the notes section, you'll see the Next Step. The default Next Step is to Save as Closed. You need to change it to Assign to XXX YYY in Self Service. This will send the task/message to the employee's eSS account for them to action in Self Service.
2. Assign an eSS Task via the Document Information:
You can also assign an eSS task to a user via the document information page.
This will bring up the same option as above except the task sent will also contain the document you're viewing. This option will only be available when viewing documents uploaded to a record's Documents tab.
1. Once you're logged in, bring up a record (Employees OR Candidates OR Volunteers OR Contractors) tab (1) and then click on the applicable individual record (2):
2. In the documents tab (1), click on the name of the document (highlighted in blue) (2)
3. You'll see the Assign an eSS Task action button to the right: