Tasks are usually created when adding a note against an employee or candidate record. Tasks can also be created at various points throughout the process of completing a workflow.
Users can create a task to serve as a reminder for themselves or can assign a task to another User for action.
Please note that this example provides instructions on how to set a task during the process of creating a note against an employee. The same instructions can be followed against a candidate, contractor, incident or hazard record.
Below are the steps in setting a task:
1. From the “Employee Management" (1) module, click the "Employees” tab (2) and then select on the employee file you wish to create an action for (not the person you wish to assign the task to) (3)
2. Select the ''Notes'' tab (4), and click on "Add notes" button (5).
3. Create the note by entering the relevant details in the new note form that will appear to the right.
4. On this note form you will see a ''Next Step (Task)'' field at the bottom (5). Clicking on this field will provide you with a drop down selection of options for assigning the task:
- "Assign task to me" : use if the task requires your action.
- "Assign task for action by...": use if the task requires another User to action it (if appropriate).
Each selection expands to provide fields where you will need to fill in the additional detail to complete the task assignment, simply follow the prompts provided by your selection!