Configuration is delivered by HRA Cloud's Implementations team who work in partnership with businesses to identify their HR and Safety needs and scope out their requirements and instructions prior to building and customising their HRA Cloud account. For more information on why businesses seek configuration, please see the following article: How can HRA Cloud be configured to suit my business needs?
Before commencing the configuration process, businesses need to factor in the following considerations:
Ensuring HR and Safety Processes are Scalable and Automated
HRA Cloud should be used to enhance compliance, reduce transactional administrative tasks and streamline / automate strategic HR and Safety services.
When configuring HRA Cloud, it is therefore important for businesses to carefully consider the types of core users of their HRA Cloud account. To ensure optimal engagement, the process of completing checklists, generating templates and navigating through the platform should be simple, straight forward and user friendly. Businesses should refrain from over-complicating the processes and asking too many system questions to avoid any negative impact on engagement.
When approaching any configuration task, businesses should carefully consider and explain the overarching purpose of the change they are seeking. Businesses should also consider if any existing core HRA Cloud items can be adapted and configured to suit their unique needs. It is therefore important for any user requesting configuration to first have a deep and thorough understanding of HRA Cloud's existing capabilities. Businesses should also have an understanding of how configuration impacts HRA Cloud's content updates (which is restricted to only core HRA Cloud content).
Businesses are encouraged to seek and adopt any relevant advice provided by HRA Cloud's Implementations team. Our Implementations team have a deep understanding of how HRA Cloud is built and how it can configured. The team is highly experienced and have partnered with many organisations to strategically configure their account to meet specific business objectives.
Custom Document Templates
HRA Cloud can configure document templates. The following questions should be considered:
- Is there an existing document template that can be customised to suit your business needs?
- Does the business need to build a new template that is specific to your organisation?
- What document type should the template be set as?
- Which record types should this template relate to?
- Should certain users be restricted from being able to generate any templates with this document type?
- Should Managers be allowed to insert their electronic signature as an image to the document?
- Should Self Service users be allowed to electronically sign the document?
- Is there a need to include an additional selectable attachment which generates in the final .PDF copy of the document?
The cost of configuring and designing a custom template may increase or decrease depending on the complexity of the document.
Checklists and Menu Items
HRA Cloud can configure checklists. The following questions should be considered:
- Is there an existing checklist that can be customised to suit your business needs?
- Does the business need to build a new checklist to suit an existing process that is specific to your organisation?
- If building a new checklist, should the checklist include any tasks to be undertaken by Self Service users?
- Which HRA Cloud module should the checklist relate to and sit under? Modules include Employee Management, Contractor Management, Volunteer Management or Work, Health and Safety
- Should certain security roles only be permitted to view and complete the checklist?
- Should certain security roles be notified upon completion of the checklist?
- Should certain security roles only be permitted to complete certain checklist steps?
- If altering an existing checklist, should the name or location of the checklist be amended to accurately reflect the purpose of the checklist?
- Are any of the checklist steps dependent on the completion of other steps in the checklist? For example:
- Which of the checklists steps are compulsory before the user can proceed with the remainder of the checklist? Alternatively, which checklist steps are optional? The reasons for why a step is compulsory can be included in an information bubble
- Which of the checklist steps require a certain outcome as a condition before additional steps open up for action? For example, a candidate must be 'successful' before a letter of offer and employment contract can be generated
The cost of configuring and designing a custom checklist may increase or decrease depending on the complexity of the instructions.
HRA Cloud can configure tabs. The following questions should be considered:
- What type of tab is required?
- How and where should the tab be displayed?
- Should certain security roles only be permitted to view and access the tab?
HRA Cloud can configure fields. The following questions should be considered:
- Where should the information be displayed? For example, at the top of a checklist or within a specific record type?
- How should the field record the required information?
- Should the field only appear under certain conditions? For example, if the user has made a certain selection on another field, a new set of fields will become available for completion.
- Should certain security roles only be permitted to view and access this field?
- Should the field also appear in Self Service? If so, how should this field be staged? For example, if an eSS user updates the information contained in this field, does the update require approval from an admin user before it is updated?
Custom Security Roles
HRA Cloud can configure security roles. The following questions should be considered:
- Is there an existing security role that can be customised to suit your business needs?
- Does the business need to build a new security role that is specific to your organisation? If so, which existing role is the closest to what your business needs?
- If your business is disabling the ability for a user to perform a certain function/action, who in the organisation and what type of user should then be allowed to perform the required function/action?
- Should this security role be automatically assigned to all future users or is to be manually assigned to the relevant users?
Custom Note Categories and Topics
HRA Cloud can configure note categories and topics. The following questions should be considered:
- Has the standard list of note topics been reviewed already?
- What other note topics does your organisation need?
If you would like to learn more about how HRA Cloud can be configured to meet your business requirements, Contact Us or give us a call on 02 9083 0083.