The document status and access to the tab where the document is stored can also affect the visibility of a document in Self Service.
The visibility of a document depends on the role(s) a user has been assigned. View this article for a full list of all Document Types and the User Access Roles that can view them - Document Types - What Documents Can Users View Based on their Access Roles?
Use the links below to see more information about the document types each Access Role can see through the eSS portal:
- eSS Candidate - this role is for candidates.
- eSS Candidate (C) - this role is for contractor candidates.
- eSS Candidate (V) - this role is for volunteer candidates.
- eSS Contractor - this role is for contractors.
- eSS Employee - this is for employees.
- eSS Person - this is for "Other People" who are provisioned an eSS account.
- eSS Volunteer - this is for volunteers.
- WHS eSS - this role is WHS specific, and is assigned on top of any of the above eSS roles.
Document statuses visible in eSS
There are only three document statuses visible in Employee Self Service:
1. Created - unsigned copy
2. Executed - signed copy
3. Complete - no signature required
Document tabs visible in eSS
Self Service users will be able to see the Documents tab from their own Employee/Contractor/Volunteer file.
A mobile phone icon on tabs within the Employee, Contractor, Volunteer or Work Health & Safety module, indicate that the documents stored under that tab can be visible in Self Service, if all other elements of criteria are met.
An example would be the ''Policies'' and ''General Docs'' tabs.