Types of Alerts
When Users are subscribed to an alert, Users will start to receive emails about the following alert types.
The system will then match that with all users that subscribed to alerts and email is send to them (if the email option is ticked in your 'Alert Subscriptions' screen)
There are 4 types of alerts that can be set against the following record types:
- Record Alerts;
- Document Alerts;
- Check List Alerts; and
- Competency Alerts.
What Actions Trigger Which Alerts?
The following actions will trigger alerts for which you are subscribed to:
These are alerts relating to record types (employees, candidates, hazards etc). A record alert is created when:
- When a task is created for a record to action in eSS;
- When notes are created/updated and have been associated with a reminder;
- When creating birthday reminders for existing records;
- When creating employees – birthday reminders based on his/her date of birth or probation period end reminders;
- It nears a week, 3 days or a day before the set end date of an online performance review for a record.
These are alerts relating to documents uploaded to HRA Cloud. A document related alert is created when:
- A document is uploaded and has an expiry date specified;
- A document expiry date is updated.
Check List Alerts
These are alerts relating to certain steps within our standardised checklists. A checklist related alert is created when:
- Completing a checklist step that has a notification set (i.e. approvals).
These are alerts relating to competencies assigned to any records.
A capability alert is created:
- 3-months prior the expiry date of the competency.
- When the competency is one month away from expiring.
- On the day that the competency is set to expire.
Please note: This system is only designed to notify the User subscribed to these alerts. We currently do not have the functionality to inform employees when their qualifications expire.
Once an alert has been triggered, it will need to be acknowledged from within the system by going into the 'Alerts' tab and clicking 'OK' for the triggered alert.
If the 'Alerts' tab isn't regularly checked and cleared out, the system does have a regular scheduled task to send out 'Automatic Reminder' emails to remind you that one or more of your subscribed alerts have been triggered.
Info: Alerts set to send out every hour for the subscribed users.