Hazard or Risks Tab
All Hazards or Risks that are reported are created as an individual record file in the Hazard or Risk tab. New Hazards or Risks can be entered into HRA Cloud in a number of manners including:
- By a worker using Employee Self Service. Note: Workers can only see the hazards they report in eSS - they cannot see all Hazards.
- By a WHS Administrator or Manager using Employee Self Service.
- By a WHS Administrator or Manager using their login to HRA Cloud and adding the Hazard or Risk via the Hazard Management Checklist or via Add New Hazard button in the Hazard Tab.
User Access and Security Permissions
When a Hazard is reported using enable Self Service those users who have the 'WHS Notification' role assigned to their user security permissions will receive an email alerting them to the new Hazard item being reported so that the Hazard Management process can commence. Please refer to the 'WHS Module Access and Roles'.
Note: Users also need to have access to the branch the Hazard is reported into. It is therefore recommended that WHS Managers and Site Managers have access to the appropriate branches they hold safety management responsibilities for.
The Management of Hazards
To manage a Hazard once it has been reported, a user should go to the 'Manage Safety' workflow menu and commence an 'Initiate Hazard Management' workflow.
You can request to have the Hazard Management checklist automatically started whenever a new Hazard is reported. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to activate this functionality at no charge.
The Hazard or Risk record file should be used to capture and record all the data, documents, notes and reminders to assist in:
- Capturing an accurate profile of the Hazard for reporting;
- Evidencing actions taken or work undertaken i.e. invoices, audit reports, meeting minutes, decision records, notes;
- Consultation with workers to assess risk and implement control measures; and
- Managing any follow up activities by creating alerts and/or reminders.
Presenting a view of the risks in your workplace and sharing with workers how they can minimise their risk of harm when being exposed to a risk is a function of the 'Risk Register' in HRA Cloud. Please refer to the "Risk Register Tab" article for more information.