This article lists the current limitations to the HRA Cloud - Xero 2-way Connector.
- Payroll Fields in eSS - The new functionality will allow for employees to see the payroll fields within their ESS portal, however, these updates are not currently supported. This is a temporary limitation which we expect to lift by the end of September 2019.
- Export On-Demand - Data synchronisation between the two systems can happen automatically every 3 hours, via the scheduler, or on-demand via a "Proceed now" button. At this stage only the import on-demand process is available, not the export functionality from HRA Cloud.
This is a temporary limitation which we expect to lift by the end of September 2019.Delivered on 11/09/2019.
- New Zealand Integration - This integration only supports Australian versions of Xero. There is currently no version for New Zealand clients. This is a temporary limitation which we expect to lift in 2021.
- One Xero Account Only - This integration only works between one and only one HRA Cloud account and one and only one Xero entity. You cannot connect several HRA Cloud accounts to one Xero entity, or one HRA Cloud account to several Xero entities. This is a permanent limitation.
- Deleted Records - This integration synchronises the creation and update events for worker records. Delete records are not synchronised between HRA Cloud and Xero. This means that the record will need to be manually deleted in both systems. This is a permanent limitation.
Synchronisation of Employee Details
- "Termination Date" is never exported to Xero - If you terminate an employee in HRA Cloud, you still need to terminate the employee in Xero. This is a permanent limitation.
- "Employment Basis" Field - The "Employment Basis" field imported from Xero is a tax related field and is not the same as the HRA Cloud "Employment Type" field. This is due to a limitation within Xero's functionality. In effect, this means that the "Employment Type" fields will not be shared between both systems and therefore will require a manual update of their fields. This is a permanent limitation.
- Transferring Employees - Transferring an employee using the "Create a new copy" option is not supported as it conflicts with Xero process. This option will create a new employee record in HRA Cloud and Xero. The integration will however work for transfers that "Move everything". This is a permanent limitation.
A workaround is to:
In HRA Cloud: Turn off Xero import and Xero export if applicable;
In HRA Cloud: Transfer the employee in HRA Cloud;
In Xero: Change the employee Group for this record (to the destination Branch);
In HRA Cloud: Run Xero export; and
In HRA Cloud: Turn on Xero import and Xero export if applicable.
Synchronisation of bank accounts
- Number of Bank Accounts - The integration supports 4 bank accounts. This is a permanent limitation.
Synchronisation of Superannuation memberships
- Self Managed Super Funds - Self managed super funds are not supported. This is a temporary limitation which we expect to lift by the end of 2020.
Synchronisation of Tax Details
- Tax File Numbers - Xero only exports Tax File Numbers (TFN) masked (###-###-123). This is a permanent limitation.
- Masked Tax File Numbers (for the Manager's view) - TFNs can be entered in HRA Cloud. However, they always appear masked in HRA Cloud for everyone except the employee, even if the clear version is stored in the database. This a legal requirement. This is a permanent limitation.
- Clear Version Tax File Numbers (for the Employee's view) - If a TFN is stored in clear in the database, it will be visible in clear in ESS. This is a permanent limitation.